Martyred Aijaz Wanted To Become A Lawyer: Family

Posted on

Image result for Martyred Aijaz Wanted To Become A Lawyer: FamilyIn occupied Kashmir, the family members of Aijaz Ahmad Mir who was martyred by Indian troops in Nathipora area of Sopore on Thursday have said that he wanted to become a lawyer but the continued harassment by Indian troops and police forced him to leave his studies midway.

According to media sources, Aijaz’s father, Abdul Qayoom Mir, who is a fruit trader by profession, in an interview said, “In 2013, my son was pursuing masters in Arabic at Bhopal University. He came back home on holiday in July the same year to attend the marriage of his cousin. A day after he had come, Indian forces picked him up from his home, kept him for three days at the army camp at Seelu, Sopore, and then he was taken to the SOG camp at Sopore, where he was kept for a few days before he was shifted to Sopore police station.”

He said that from there Aijaz was taken to Kupwara sub-jail, where he spent some months. “He was later shifted to Baramulla sub-jail. He was released after he spent two years in jail,” Abdul Qayoom Mir said. “In jail, Ajaz wrote entrance exams for two courses, one for Masters in Arabic, and the second for an LLB. He qualified both. After his release, he was about to leave his studies but I forced him to study and he obeyed on one condition that he will do an LLB, so that nobody has to give money to lawyers to get justice,” he said.

The bereaved father said that Indian forces picked up his elder son once when they didn’t find Aijaz at home. “When Sopore police called me and told me to bring Aijaz to the SOG camp, I called Aijaz and we went there. We returned home at afternoon. When Aijaz entered our house that day, after our eyes met, I started crying. I said to Aijaz, ‘Tell me if this is not enough? What have they done to my family? I am tired now, tell me what to do’. Aijaz then went to the SSP office, taking along his grandfather. After returning from there, he politely said to me that Abba, don’t worry, everything will be all right. He took his bag of books and left, never to come back,” Abdul Qayoom said.

He said that they lodged a missing report at Sopore police station, but after some time they came to know from the police that Aijaz had joined mujahideen. He did that because of the continued harassment by the police, Abdul Qayoom added.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s